Re: I-D Action: draft-rsalz-termlimits-00.txt

On 10/21/2021 12:23 PM, tom petch wrote:
On 20/10/2021 21:43, Adrian Farrel wrote:
*Guidance* to NomCom along these lines would be a fine idea

If only we had some way of telling NomCom how we feel about candidates and appointments.

Mmmm as I have just received an e-mail on a public IETF list inviting me to tell NomCom how I feel about candidates, I am puzzled by this statement.  If it were ironic or a joke, I would expect to see one of those emoti thingies around that statement but I cannot see one which makes me think that the statement is intended to be taken seriously.

Mmmm ... I am puzzled.

Adrian

.

IF you can't parse good understated British humor - what good are you?

Seriously, emojis are somewhat overdone and Adrian's comment was pretty much an in-joke for anyone who has ever a) been a nomcom member, b) been a candidate, c) been in any leadership position of the IETF, d) been around for 3 years or more, e) suffered through similar discussions on this list multiple times.   E.g. pretty much everyone.

Amused - Mike