Re: BCP97bis and "freely available"

On 19/10/2021 03:58, Brian E Carpenter wrote:
On 19-Oct-21 13:28, George Michaelson wrote:
Good to see. I'd say "wow, I think thats a change of posture" but who
knows: maybe I was woefully misinformed at the time?

No, it was a significant change on the ITU side. Especially significant
because it was around June 1991 when Carl Malamud** and Tony Rutkowski
started project BRUNO to get the relevant CCITT standards on-line for
free.  The experiment didn't survive very long, and its 30th anniversary
is already past. The eventual change of policy was in 2007, says Google.

And posted to the IETF list by Yaakov Stein 17 October 2007 at 14:02.

Tom Petch

     Brian

** If you haven't read Carl's book "Exploring the Internet" you've missed
a treat, and he covers Project Bruno among much else.

It was a long time ago. nearly 30 years ago.

-G

On Tue, Oct 19, 2021 at 10:26 AM Randy Presuhn