Re: Want to be on the IESG?

On 10/7/2021 9:20 AM, Ron Bonica wrote:
+1

The other big difference is that those making money out of the internet now seem to regard it as a natural resource to be exploited and not something to > invest in as was done in the past.

Ron, I am not sure that I agree with you or Stewart here. We are discussing the lack of candidates for leadership positions. If I look at the roster of the IAB and IESG, I find plenty of members working for those large companies that develop Internet technologies, and that tells me that we are not exactly suffering from lack of participation from big companies. In fact, if we loaded committees with even more participation of these big companies, the complaint would not be that they "do not invest" -- most probably, we would hear the opposite complaint, that they invest too much.

Let's focus on finding more good candidates!

-- Christian Huitema