Re: Proposal: an "important-news" IETF announcement list

On 29/09/2021 16:14, STARK, BARBARA H wrote:
1.  Announcements sent manually by <various roles> = 284
2.  Announcements of new and updated WG charters & WG closures = 44
3.  (included in above 44)
4.  Announcements of new non-WG mailing lists = 13
5.  Announcements of new RFCs = 275
6.  IESG and LLC telechat announcements = 39
7.  Announcements of document actions = 175
8.  Announcements of IESG conflict-review results = 14
9.  Last call announcements for I-Ds = 174 (+ 4 for other actions)
10. Interim WG meeting announcements = 256

The "important-news" proposal would only retain those under (1) above.
I think that 1, 4, and 6 should all be retained as is (and in the new
list, if it's created).

I think that 2, 5, 7, 8, 9, and 10 should be in a weekly summary, one
single message per week.

I have a slight problem with this proposal because if it is implemented
it would not be possible to find last call announcements by draft name.
I think this is a rather important feature when searching archive.

Unfortunately I don't have a solution for this problem.

I thought we were discussing changes to ietf-announce and not last-call. All these emails already exist on the last-call list and don't need to be repeated in their entirety on ietf-announce. A summary email to ietf-announce should be sufficient. Anybody wanting to subscribe to last-call has the ability to do so.

Barbara

I think not. Last Call announcements from the IESG go to many places but not the Last Call list. I find this odd, raised it as a comment when the discussion about whether or not to persist with Last Call list but in vain.

Reply to is set to Last Call but that is all

Tom Petch

Barbara

.