Re: IETF 114 in the USA

> On 21 Sep 2021, at 03:43, Michael StJohns <mstjohns@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> On 9/20/2021 12:33 PM, Stewart Bryant wrote:
>> I do not mind where it is, just that I think it should be someplace that has not had a 17month blanket travel band and no sign of lifting it.
>>
>> Canada would be fine.
> Stuart - here's the reality.   For most (all?) locations, there will be restrictions.  Canada for example, has a limited list of approved vaccines (https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/foreign-sept7-vaccine).  Sinovac is not on that list.  E.g. most PRC citizens would not be admitted to China at this time.
>
> There's a nifty wizard that Canada provides (https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/wizard-start) that can tell give you an indication of whether you might be admitted or not.
>
> Other locations allow you to come in if vaccinated, but if your country is not on their "green" list, you may have as much as a 14 day quarantine before you can move about freely.
>
> Going back to what Joel said, things will change between now and when we're supposed to be in the US for an IETF.  I would be surprised if anyone has a clue at this point as to the final direction of the change by the time we have to decide.
>
> Later, Mike

In addition to that everyone needs a pre-approved plan for how you will quarantine for 14 days if you happen to test positive / be symptomatic on arrival.  That plan has to include how you will get yourself from the airport to where you are staying.

So you need a hotel that will do room service to a COVID-19 positive person.

"You must be prepared to quarantine for 14 days, even if you are fully vaccinated, in case you:

	• are symptomatic
	• don’t meet the requirements for the fully vaccinated traveller exemption

A suitable quarantine plan, which includes a place you will quarantine, must be entered into ArriveCAN in case you don’t qualify for the exemption. You may be asked to explain your quarantine plan at the border.”

https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/covid-vaccinated-travellers-entering-canada#vaccinated

Travel is difficult to anywhere at this point in time.

Mark

--
Mark Andrews, ISC
PHONE: +61 2 9871 4742              INTERNET: marka@xxxxxxx