Re: IETF 112 will be a fully online meeting

On 6. Sep 2021, at 11:17, Vittorio Bertola <vittorio.bertola=40open-xchange.com@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> If necessary, I'm happy to write a 1-page draft and put it to shmoo for discussion as soon as its charter allows that.

(You can write a draft and put it in front of shmoo even if the charter does not allow that yet.)

We have a related task in the universities, by the way, where the political guidance is to go full presence again now, but the reality is that responsible people will generally do hybrid for the foreseeable future.  The reasons are to get back some predictability in planning, maintain safety for students and teaching personnel, and accept the fact that many students have re-arranged their lives in a way that strongly favors online participation (whether forced by government restrictions or for practical reasons (*)).

Grüße, Carsten

(*) here mainly job availability, return to “hotel mama” [1] because of lack of jobs, and/or the fact that universities are our biggest matchmakers and people tend to move with their spouses.

[1]: https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hotel_Mama