Re: IETF 112 will be a fully online meeting

JORDI PALET MARTINEZ <jordi.palet=40consulintel.es@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
    > I also don't believe that anyone can sue (and won that case) the IETF
    > if it gets infected or has any injuries because something happens in a
    > given venue/country. Nobody enforced you to go to that country. Of
    > course, assuming that you were following the local laws for security,
    > health, etc.

That's not my point at all.  My point has nothing to do with sueing the IETF.
The *company* sent their *employee* into danger, and if they get sick, they
have recourse to sue their employer.   Yes, somebody forced the employee to
go to that country: the company paid for it.
Was there force involved? probably not really, but it was an expected part of
their job.  The company is therefore liable for keeping the employee safe.

So company won't send people until they feel secure that they can say they
took the right precautions.   "The CDC said it was safe" is a reasonable
precaution.

--
Michael Richardson <mcr+IETF@xxxxxxxxxxxx>   . o O ( IPv6 IøT consulting )