Re: IETF 112 will be a fully online meeting

JORDI PALET MARTINEZ <jordi.palet=40consulintel.es@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
    > If any participant from an US company has their own rules regarding
    > insurance, they may opt to not travel to an meeting in a given country
    > *regardless* of being IETF or something else.

Yes.

The criteria asks if some sufficient number of participants will be able
travel to the meeting.   It has nothing to do with any law that the LLC is
being forced by jurisdiction of incorporation to follow.

The unfortunate situation is that a significant minority of participants are
from US-based companies.  I saw minority, but in some cases it's over 50%.

(I hate that myself:  It's why I started asking about hybrid meetings many
months ago)

Looking to the CDC is simply a short-cut compared to polling these companies.

    > 4) If we have a hosting country/venue that is not listed as
    > "acceptable" and this specific criteria is not matched, will be the
    > meeting taking place or not?

For decades, we could never hold a meeting in CUBA because US participants
could not legally travel there.

--
Michael Richardson <mcr+IETF@xxxxxxxxxxxx>   . o O ( IPv6 IøT consulting )