Re: IETF 112 will be a fully online meeting

JORDI PALET MARTINEZ <jordi.palet=40consulintel.es@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
    > I just realized that this was not responded. I guess the LLC should do it?

    > I can read "While some continue to challenge the use of
    > these sources, the IETF LLC and Secretariat
    > are US corporations and as such these notices
    > have a material impact on insurance and legal
    > liability.", and this has been used several times for justifying the use of the CDC information.

    > Can we have a demonstration, without confidential data of that?

    > I deal with insurances for many things in my business every other day
    > and I'm convinced that there are alternative choices that will offer
    > the same balance in terms of coverage/cost than the actual one, without
    > challenging us in depending on the US CDC or any other country.

My understanding is that while you and I [as non-US companies] can look
towards alternatives, that US-based companies aren't given a choice of
ignoring the US CDC when it comes to insurance.

{Obviously, the insurance company must offer exemptions, otherwise, how would
US contractors travel to, for instance, Kabul, to do stuff.  But, one
presumes that this is a different insurance policy which does not apply to
the IT companies.}

So, it's not that the IETF LLC is a US company that matters here.
It's that a large number of attendees are part of US based companies.

None of this is specific to any of the political situation in Spain.

I think that you asking for someone from a US-based company to please confirm
my above assumption.

--
Michael Richardson <mcr+IETF@xxxxxxxxxxxx>   . o O ( IPv6 IøT consulting )