RE: [EXTERNAL] Re: I want to reclaim 192.88.99.0/24 - does anyone have a problem with that?

Hi, please excuse the aggregate post but not all messages that are hitting the lists
are showing up in my inbox.

To Nick and Dale, yes thank you for noting that the prefix is still populated in the
DFZ. However, there are two mitigating factors - first, the new standard in question
would not attempt to use an address from the prefix out in the open Internet; it
would only use an address from the prefix in a private-use (or otherwise stub)
IPv4 Internetwork. Second, the new standard calls for use of a different IPv4
address from the prefix, i.e., instead of the 192.88.99.1 specified in RFC3068.
So, even if a node were misconfigured to send an anycast discovery in the open
Internet the specific address would not be recognized by any 6to4 Relays and the
anycast discovery request would simply black hole.

To Ted who asked about the specific document reference, it is here:

https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-templin-6man-omni-36.txt

To John who mentioned the great study on sunsetting the transition mechanisms,
thanks for the detailed analysis of the state of affairs in the wild. I think given the
points that I related to Nick and Dale above, however, it would seem that any
potential conflicts would be avoided?

Thanks - Fred