Re: IPv6 Anycast has been killed by LINUX patch in 2016 - who cares?

On 9 Aug 2021, at 2:37, Tom Herbert wrote:

>> for starters, all the dns root servers. For content delivery, some of
>> Cloudflare's content is delivered to end users using anycast on the
>> front side.  Are the DNS root servers top-5, top-10 or top-100 sites
>> (asking for a friend)?
>
>  Route changes wouldn't impact stateless UDP use of anycast.

Route changes do not happen enough to impact TCP in reality, and in the cases where this happens, as many have said, applications do restart their flows. There are many reasons why flows die.

Yes, we at Netnod run Anycast for both TCP and UDP and it just works. This as one of many tools in the toolbox to maximise the ability for end users to reach whatever services we provide.

We use Anycast in the form of multiple termination points for the flows announced in BGP from the same AS but multiple locations, is in use, and it just works.

   Patrik