Re: Why we really can't use Facebook for technical discussion.

Emil Ivov <emil@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

Ironically, advising *others* how *they* should follow Postel’s
principle is exactly the opposite of the principle.

Really it's not. The exact opposite would be

"Be conservative in what you accept, liberal in what you send".

There's nothing in Postel's Principle that keeps people from explaining the principle to others or how it might map to their situation. It would be a fairly useless principle if that were the case.

Thanks,
Chris.