RE: Why we really can't use Facebook for technical discussion.

This is the argument about Postel's principle (conservative in what you send, liberal in what you accept) in layer 9.
It seems to me that Facebook is doing just fine slowing down (24 hours) the possible propagation of violence incitement without requiring a lot of judgement on what does or does not constitute thoughtful vs. inciteful speech.

"Kill them all and let TCP sort it out" can readily be expressed in other terms. A content moderation policy that slowed down frequent postings (by 24 hours) might temper heated conversations and lead to calmer considerations of the actual requirements.

> I hereby propose we censor Facebook engineers in IETF meetings for promoting stupidity.

Can public forums improve the quality of discussion by delaying frequent, divisive posters?
Is trying to do so really  "promoting stupidity"? (Obligatory 😊)

--
https://LarryMasinter.net https://interlisp.org