Re: [Last-Call] [Iot-directorate] Iotdir telechat review of draft-ietf-roll-aodv-rpl-10

Hi Alvaro,

Yes, I'm fine; I hope you are also in good health.

Since a year I am not following the undercurrents in the ROLL WG. I am unable to tell you what they think about replacing rfc6997 currently.
When I was chair, I was more concerned with the continuation of the document than eventual consequences for rfc6697.

However, I think that this is the right moment to reconsider the replacement question.
Having two aodv documents may be confusing for ROLL adopters.

BTW, I encouraged the creation and development of rfc6697 for the reasons mentioned in the document.
When replacement is considered, this motivation is needed in the new aodv draft.

Hope this explains a bit better my review remarks.

Greetings,

Peter