Re: the old fellowship program, was Wow, we're famous

One idea I had, which I mentioned to Lars when we chatted after the Nomcom selections, was an "invite a friend" program. ...

That could help, although I am not sure that going to one or more IETF meetings should be an immediate goal for the kind of mentorship I am talking about. Reading RFCs, reviewing I-Ds, reading mailing-lists and learning to listen should come first. ...

Quite right. If you're not already involved in some WGs, coming to an IETF meeting is likely to be a waste of your time.

Regards,
John Levine, johnl@xxxxxxxxx, Taughannock Networks, Trumansburg NY