Re: [Last-Call] [v6ops] Tsvart last call review of draft-ietf-v6ops-ipv6-ehs-packet-drops-05

On 4/8/2021 9:21 AM, Tom Herbert wrote:
[...] Sure, tell me, as a host stack developer, what at reasonable minimum
length is for an IP header chain and I'll fix the packets I'm sending
so that the operators don't need to be bothered with this.

No one really knows.  Moreover, there is no reason to believe that the
value won't change in the future.  Furthermore, this is well beyond the
control of the IETF: it is driven by decisions made by router vendors
and ISPs.

I think that this has been explained several times, has it not?

-tjs