Re: [admin-discuss] IETF LLC Statement on OFAC Compliance Questions

Hello, Jason,

Your note on the IETF blog says:

That said, we think it unlikely that OFAC rules would meaningfully inhibit participation in IETF activities by individuals from sanctioned countries, or ever have in the past, as a general matter.

and:

We have no data to suggest OFAC rules have ever prevented any
individual from participating in and contributing to the technical
work of the IETF. We predict this will remain true in the future.
OFAC rules thus do not appear to be a factor that will lead to a
negative impact on the diversity and inclusiveness of the IETF.

May I ask what's the basis on which you've arrived to such conclusion?

For instance, do we have a long list of participants or I-D/RFC authors that implicitly probe that OFAC compliance are not an issue?

Thanks,
--
Fernando Gont
SI6 Networks