Re: TERM chartering and the April incidents

On 4/4/21 4:27 AM, lloyd.wood@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
1. An unknown person submitted the "Les White" drafts. I believe one was announced on the GENDISPATCH mailing list.

https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-les-white-intersectional-dots-00

https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-les-white-tls-preferred-pronouns-00

I need to stress that, despite also having the initials LW and any misguided assumptions to the contrary, I am NOT Les White. I did not write those drafts. I have better spelling, I have better writing, and I have better, more fleshed out, ideas that don't fall back on lazy tropes. And I'll take the credit and copyright for my own writing, because I'm proud of the work I put in to create it.

I did not know of or write those "Les White" drafts, I don't know who did, and I don't need to know. But the author of the "Les White drafts is not me.

  I wrote them. If anyone thought that "LW" meant it was you, I apologize.
I settled on "Les White" after Coke decided to tell its employees to be
"less white". I had no idea you were writing an April Fools draft so "LW"
was just a coincidence.

  Yes, you write better and your ideas are more mature and fleshed out.
Mine were rushed, it started as one draft, I got a bee in my bonnet about
pronouns and split out another. Neither one got the attention they deserved.

  Dan.

--
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to
escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius