April 1st RFCs (was Re: A contribution to ongoing terminology work)

On 4/4/2021 3:03 AM, Vittorio Bertola wrote:
if I were the IESG, I would consider discontinuing the April 1st tradition for the future or constraining its scope much more clearly

For avoidance of doubt: the IESG has absolutely no control over what the RFC Editor and related functions choose to do except as it pertains to the IETF stream of documents.

The traditional April 1st RFCs are *not* part of the IETF stream of documents, and are managed entirely by the Independent Stream Editor.

/a