Re: A contribution to ongoing terminology work

On 03-Apr-21 05:32, Benjamin Kaduk wrote:
> P.S. only two drafts were deleted (to my knowledge), not three.

That is correct, but some of the messages could easily have led to the impression that draft-wood-term-modest-proposal and/or draft-wood-term-modest-proposal-annotations were also affected.

I did glance at the two deleted drafts before they vanished, and I believe that the IESG took the right decision, and that any IESG of the last twenty years would have done the same thing.

I would also like to observe that neither sarcasm nor satire translate well into different cultures, and are notoriously confusing to non-native speakers of English, so they do not really have a place in professional activity.

    Brian Carpenter