Re: is last-call working the way the IESG intended?

On 17-Mar-21 09:20, Michael Richardson wrote:

> There has been a very long thread on last-call about the crocker draft on
> email emojis.  I'm now seeing the secdir review of
> draft-ietf-ecrit-location-profile-registry-policy-01 and subsequent thread
> related to that.  (Not yet as long as emoji)
>
> Now, I think that the crocker draft was AD sponsored so maybe it didn't have
> another place for the thread to go.  But, certain draft-ietf-ecrit should
>
> I'm just wondering if last-call is working the way it was imagined it would,
> or if there are some anomalies here.   Should some kind of Reply-To: be enforced?

The WG should certainly be CCed but the whole point of IETF LC is to expose
the draft to the whole IETF to look for gotchas. So no, I don't see a problem.
Email is cheap, and easy to delete unread.

But... I do sort all last call traffic into a dedicated inbox, which makes
ignoring it very easy. This morning I see 13 unread messages in that inbox.
[pause]
It took me about 90 seconds to clear that inbox. Ten of the messages were
about drafts of no interest to me - deleted. One  was a reply to my own
comment on a particular draft - read & saved. Two others were trivia about
the same draft - deleted. It took longer to write this message than to clear
that inbox. So I still don't see a problem.

    Brian