media casting cluster*

If we built such a thing would they come? It's extremely frustrating that Apple, Google and Amazon all have different proprietary protocols to cast media from your phone or laptop to a tv or whatever. they all have interoperability problems because their petty business fueds, and for users it is a complete nightmare to try to figure out what is going wrong which happens way too often. Worst of all, is that since it's proprietary we have no clue what is happening under the hood and especially what is going on the security front. For example, if I were to cast at a public venue would I potentially be opening myself up to some sort of attack? Nobody but them knows and they aren't telling.

Mike