Re: Non routable IPv6 registry proposal

David,

> On Mar 11, 2021, at 6:26 PM, David Farmer <farmer=40umn.edu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> It is fairly common for Community Networks, especially wireless ones to use RFC 1918 for IPv4 and ULA for IPv6, and interconnect with other Community Networks over tunnels on donated ISP connectivity from participants or others. Ham radio is a good metaphor for this type of networking.

I disagree that Ham Radio (aka Amateur Radio) a good metaphor.   Amateur Radio is regulated by the ITU and countries, call signs are allocated by central authorities, radio frequencies are assigned, and there are rules for the types of traffic that can be sent.  For example, no commercial use.

See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amateur_radio for details.

Bob / KI6ASK