Re: [Gendispatch] IETF LLC & IETF Participation from USA-sanctioned countries

Since when did we check people's passports before letting them come to an IETF meeting? And merely holding a particular passport doesn't make you subject to sanctions.

The four countries on the terrorism list have some difficulty in making payments through the international system but thats a problem for the people trying to come from those countries.

Getting visas for international conferences has always been an issue for some people.

Unless ISOC is planning to outsource running the NOC to Cuba, I can't see how it is likely to come up.

On Wed, Mar 3, 2021 at 6:06 PM Nico Williams <nico@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Wed, Mar 03, 2021 at 05:36:04PM -0500, John Levine wrote:
> So can we argue about ASN.1 or something else instead?

I've tried, but I think that one's out of steam for this quarter.