Re: What ASN.1 got right

On Wed, Mar 03, 2021 at 09:50:30AM -0800, Michael Thomas wrote:
> Or you just expect online and not worry about any of this.

No, sorry.  I've explained.  We'll have to disagree.

> I'm not even sure why you'd want to use certs in your use case. You're just
> reinventing Kerberos.

Because we have a principal for a user, and also a trusted thing that
wants to impersonate them (in order to run the user's batch jobs) but
without the user having to delegate a credential to them.  So we issue
that thing a client certificate (that the user never sees) that can be
used to acquire a TGT on behalf of the user.  This isn't remotely like
reinventing Kerberos.

Nico