Re: document writing/editing tools used by IETF

On 2/27/21 2:01 PM, John Levine wrote:

I agree that neither mailing lists nor github are ideal for the way the IETF works
today but I would be very unhappy if we invented yet another bespoke locally maintained
bunch of software.

Perhaps someone could explain in more detail why bespoke software is inherently a Bad Thing.   IMO, forcing people to use poor nonstandard tools and accept vendor lockin is inherently a Bad Thing.

Keith