Re: [Last-Call] Last Call: Advancing the Registration Data Access Protocol (RDAP) to Internet Standard

> The announcement is dated 2021-02-10 and the end of the Last Call is
> 2021-02-24.  Why is the duration of the Last Call two weeks instead
> of the four weeks required for a reclassification request?

This was my judgment as responsible AD: we normally do 4-week last
calls for individual requests and two-week last calls for documents
coming from working groups.  Why would this be different?

I do see that RFC 6410 specifies four weeks.  If the community thinks
that's necessary here, I will happily extend the last call and let my
successor handle the status change from there.

> There are currently two protocols for accessing registration data,
> i.e. Whois and RDAP.  Whois is still widely used.  There isn't any
> information in the about the current status of Whois and its
> relationship with the intended Internet Standard.  Is the "widespread
> deployment" about deploying the two protocols deployed side by side?

We're talking about widespread deployment of RDAP -- this set of
documents doesn't have anything to do with Whois.  While we expect
that Whois may fade away at some point, it clearly hasn't yet and
won't soon, and there's no attempt here to change that.

Barry, ART AD