Re: Old directions in social media.

On 1/8/21 10:22 AM, Keith Moore wrote:
On 1/8/21 12:31 PM, Kyle Rose wrote:

Staying on the same thread (so those who've muted can retain their sanity), but resetting a bit...

Instead of welcoming new ideas and new ways of working into the milieu, and expressing appreciation that others want to put in effort to contribute to this shared venture, you and others are suggesting we micromanage the terms of engagement.

You say "new" as if it were inherently a Good Thing.  It's not. "New" is not by itself a good reason to welcome something.   That kind of argument is basically an appeal to prejudice,

Technically, appeal to novelty (/argumentum ad novitatem/).

and an argument based on "new" vs. "old" is at best a distraction.    I'd like to see more insight as to why a tool or a way of working is better or worse than another.

Keith

--
Marc Petit-Huguenin
Email: marc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx