Re: Old directions in social media.

This is not an abstract debate. I'm co-chairing the recently-chartered jsonpath WG and the co-editors said "we can use GitHub, right?"

We have to face the fact that this will inevitably create two separate channels where design discussions will occur; GitHub issues and the mailing list.  On the other hand, I appreciate the commitment of co-editors and am very reluctant to tell them they shouldn't use the tools that make them productive.

[BTW, as we discuss this let's keep a clear discussion between the admittedly-arcane git semantics and the fairly-reasonable issue/diff management offered by GitHub.]

People who find all this worrying should start girding up their loins for the inevitable wave of people wanting to take it all to Slack… [/me ducks]