Re: Old directions in social media.

>    On whether I have watched git, I have seen the emails that git produces.

Did you subscribe to a repo and actually get a mail stream yourself?  Or just seen a couple of messages?

>      As other people have commented, they are extremely hard to use for a
    discussion.   That is why I keep talking about useful and udnerstandable
    emails.

That is not my experience, and I participate in several high-volume GitHub projects.

Yes, you keep talking about "useful and understandable"  Perhaps you should add "to me" since I find the GitHub emails useful and understandable.