Re: Old directions in social media.

>    I would like to find a middle ground.

Okay, here is a proposal for finding a middle ground.

Look at some of the standard/common "weekly summary" mail messages and provide explain what you'd like to see changed.  I don't think "include all the comments" is finding middle ground, but Chacun son gout.  Some examples of the summary include:
	https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/tls/-mF0gOetvh8KFElPYAHZ-ih4zYY/
	https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/quic/e0qBS7XPvEvLr0bx4dlocAhP8sg/

I suggest you also look at the email archives for surrounding context.