Re: Old directions in social media.

On 1/7/21 9:31 AM, Joel M. Halpern wrote:
Maybe I am missing something.  You refer to transparency of changes. For any document I care about, I look at the diffs between versions as well as at the resulting whole document.

If authors want to use git for storing documents and tracking what they do, that is likely beneficial to the working group.  But that has little or nothing to do with discussing issues on the WG email list.

Diff gets you the "what" (poorly for I-D's, imo), but it doesn't give you the "why" which is often more important. Capturing that history would be very beneficial just like with source code.

Mike