Re: Old directions in social media.

On Mon, Jan 4, 2021 at 9:40 AM Phillip Hallam-Baker <phill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

It should be possible to scan through a document and annotate individual paragraphs with comments tagged with lightweight semantics such as:

agree
disagree
nit [typographic issues, spelling etc.]
vocabulary [use/choice of defined terms]
requirement
use-case
interop

The open meeting vocabulary was limited to six moves. It is possible that we could make use of a slightly larger vocabulary. But it is probably best to start out constrained and add slowly.

The process part comes in when an editor is creating a new version of the document. We might assign an editor a separate set of moves:

accept
reject
assign-issue

So if I am editing a document and someone has given me a list of typos, I just go through and clear them. But some comments might well require more discussion. And we can write rules that identify those comments.

Having worked with a hybrid of git and Google docs to develop a recent RFC, I'd suggest that there are at least two additional key functions:
* replace [text range] with [new text] (potentially with a coordinated change several places in the document)
* free text comment

--Kurt