Re: Two non-FTP issues

In article <37D3D7F3-6908-424A-84E0-6C38F302377A@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
Joseph Touch  <touch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>Conversion can be useful. I can FTP a text file of Perl and run it just fine on different platforms.
>
>Doing the same with HTTP either requires explicitly excising the surrounding HTML or doing CRLF conversion - still.

Uh, no. Perl, like any other language implemented in this millenium,
deals perfectly well with \n or \r\n line endings on any platform. Try
it if you don't believe me.

As Carsten said, trying to fix up line endings on the fly causes more
problems that it solves which is why no modern protocol tries to do it.
--
Regards,
John Levine, johnl@xxxxxxxxx, Primary Perpetrator of "The Internet for Dummies",