Re: Call for Community Feedback: Retiring IETF FTP Service

MIME Sniffing Standard (whatwg.org)

On Mon, Nov 30, 2020 at 7:54 AM Keith Moore <moore@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 11/30/20 9:36 AM, ned+ietf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Perhaps that behavior has changed.   When you learn a way to work around
damage, you tend to keep doing that even after the damage gets fixed.

True. but more to the point, are you willing to bet that this behavior is never
ever going to change in any future version?

Not me.  That's why I try to avoid using web browsers to download anything for which I need integrity.

(though I generally find that "Download" from web browsers works fine, but even that fails more often - sometimes without any error message - than downloads using file transfer apps)

Keith