Re: Call for Community Feedback: Retiring IETF FTP Service

On 28/11/2020 18:00, Salz, Rich wrote:
     > For a long time, I struggled to download copies of IETF documents in the
     > form that the author intended

Why?  I have to admit that this makes me giggle, like seeing the Original Words in gilt lettering.  But my question is serious.

Rich

This is going back some years now and I do not recall in what way the documents were corrupt but it would likely be to do with the format, such as not respecting the ASCII control characters such as I got last week when an RFC was turned into a stream without formatting. I said in my first post that the ASCII control characters has been elided and that is an overstatement - I have not looked at the hex to see if they are present, just noticed that it is as if they were not longer there, no new lines, no new pages, running heading and footing all forming a stream with the content. That was RFC282 (yes two hundred)

Tom Petch