RE: Call for Community Feedback: Retiring IETF FTP Service

> Hi!

The failure mode is that browser behavior is in a constant state of flux. Some
time ago you got HTML-ized text, yesterday you got text without the form feeds,
today you get the text file verbatim. Who knows what you'll get tomorrow?

And as Keith points out, the problem is significantly exacerbated by
experienced people not engaging in problematic behavior without really thinking
about it, leading them to assert that there are no land mines simply because
the path they have learned to follow avoids them.

				Ned