RE: Call for Community Feedback: Retiring IETF FTP Service

Hi!

I'm having trouble understanding the failure mode.  Is the issue at hand that when one uses a browser to download say https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc7230.txt, a text file isn't being returned?  Furthermore, is the concern that browser vendors have changed their behavior over time when saving .txt files?

Roman