Re: documenting rsync, or, what are we here for anyway? (was: Re: what is rsync)

In article <C0FCEC98-B6CD-4F35-BA09-428732ADFDAF@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
Joseph Touch  <touch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Does FTP do multiplexing?  How?  Which RFC?
>
>Yes; it opens a connection per exchange and letâ??s IP multiplexing do its job.

Web browsers were doing multiple http requests in parallel in the
1990s. I said something about it in an early edition of Internet for
Dummies.

This doesn't strike me as a particularly interesting aspect of FTP.

--
Regards,
John Levine, johnl@xxxxxxxxx, Primary Perpetrator of "The Internet for Dummies",