Re: Call for Community Feedback: Retiring IETF FTP Service

In article <725c1a373fbc77e5@xxxxxxxxxx> you write:
>I have a cluster of systems using FTP to mirror I-D's.  Just the
>.txt and index files.  This is trivial to perform with FTP, and
>I've been running the same FTP-based mirror script for over a decade.
>The cluster I use doesn't support rsync, and likely never will, yet
>without that it's still more than functional enough to work as a
>distributed desktop environment. ...

I don't care what OS you're running, but I do observe that rsync has
been widely available for well over 20 years. Anything too old to run
rsync strikes me as a corner case of a corner case.

R's,
John