Re: A sad farewell

On Nov 5, 2020, at 3:55 PM, Joel M. Halpern <jmh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Joe, I think you missed an important part of Pete's message.

Even if we use other tools, we will need cusotmization to match our process requirements.

I think you missed the point of my reply:

everyone else seems to be adapting their processes to available tools

Jira was designed for trouble tickets in software development, but is being used for a LOT of other things too.

Sure, you can claim we’re “special” and “unique” and need a custom or even adapted solution.

But that means we have to find someone willing to adapt the tools, under the direction of others, for the money we’re willing to pay - AND support those mods.

We just found out that’s not so easy, so maybe it’s time to change assumptions.

Joe