Re: [rfc-i] Poll: RFCs with page numbers (pretty please) ?

Ideally, from an RFC Future point of view, the Editor should aim for support of work that would reduce the confusion surrounding the use of XML + SVG and a custom toolset that makes network engineers also become document engineers.

I had hoped at one time that the WPACK working group (if it is one) might solve the problem of opening up ebook by being reliable enough to compete with PDF/A, and simple enough to author and render to displace XML and SVG (and to extract text from well enough to make people with unmaintainable downstream processing elements to not be upset.

It might be hard to fit all those requirements in, but it seems feasible enough to hope for.
I say ebook because when i last looked, it was closer to the starting point and in the right direction (I imagine because of 'book' requirements it has a better choice of SVG allowed vocabulary). But do you agree with the end point goal?