Re: Revised proposed IETF LLC Community Engagement Policy

  • Yes it is deliberately vague and part of the reason for that is the feedback received from others that we may want to keep something like that in place.  The clause is basically there in case there is a clear conflict of interest that needs to be addressed and it the clause is not there now then adding it later becomes considerably more difficult.  I think it’s a reasonable safeguard should that become necessary.

I think this is the right thing to do.