[Last-Call] Last Call: <draft-ietf-ccamp-wson-yang-25.txt> (A YANG Data Model for WSON (Wavelength Switched Optical Networks)) to Proposed Standard

One final thought on this I-D.  As most of you will have seen,
I have queried the placement of the network type wson-topology
under te-topology instead of under network-types not seeing
an explanation of the rationale of the tree structure in the RFC that set up the namespace for this scenario. I struggle to see the benefit of one over the other when it comes to using the YANG modules in a network, creating the data and accessing it, and have a vague concern that this hierarchy may turn out to be limiting in future.
However, noone else agrees with me so I will leave it at that; I post
this here for completeness, the discussion having spanned three WG.
I note that the other CCAMP modules use the same placement.

Tom Petch

Abstract

    This document provides a YANG data model for the routing and
    wavelength assignment (RWA) TE topology in wavelength switched
    optical networks (WSONs).  The YANG data model defined in this
    document conforms to the Network Management Datastore Architecture
    (NMDA).

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ccamp-wson-yang/

The document contains these normative downward references.
See RFC 3967 for additional information:
     draft-ietf-ccamp-optical-impairment-topology-yang: A Yang Data
Model for Optical Impairment-aware Topology (None - IETF stream)
     draft-ietf-ccamp-flexigrid-yang: YANG data model for Flexi-Grid
Optical Networks (None - IETF stream)

.