RE: Egypt as the next venue.

It is really weird when this guidance guide you with wrong information :-) I can see many Russians and Europeans comes here normally, what's wrong with the US government I don't know, maybe they need to change these restrictions as it conflicts a wrong image as they even can't secure their people when they travel.

Khaled Omar

-----Original Message-----
From: Ole Jacobsen <olejacobsen@xxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, August 26, 2020 11:07 PM
To: Khaled Omar <eng.khaled.omar@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Ole Jacobsen <olejacobsen@xxxxxx>; sarikaya@xxxxxxxx; IETF Discussion <ietf@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Egypt as the next venue.

The point is that most IETF attendees would tend to follow such travel guidance either as individuals or due to corporate policies. This is similar to the long discussion we had prior to “cancelling” IETF 107 in Vancouver. You can read messages in the archives saying things along the lines of “even if I think it is safe, my company won’t let me go there.”

Ole

> On 26 Aug 2020, at 13:56, Khaled Omar <eng.khaled.omar@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> Actually, I didn't hear about all that threats before, I travelled to Sinai Peninsula twice this year in December and January and everything was fine, just many check points to guarantee the safety and identification of passengers.
>
> What is the goal of showing all these threats? You don't know which road to use until you ask someone and find military and police standing for support, so there is no fear, let people enjoy and don't let any news disrupt the safety of the venue.
>
> So all, no need to worry, Sinai is a holy land, and if you need to feel more safe, ask those who know what's going on here.
>
> Khaled Omar

Ole J. Jacobsen
Editor and Publisher
The Internet Protocol Journal