Re: Terminology discussion threads

Dear Mr Daley,
At 01:33 PM 18-08-2020, Jay Daley wrote:
I think you are well aware that this was a mistake that was swiftly corrected

<https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/ietf/xMoaLSjq30gxPK4cbqfjAMyJzlM/>https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/ietf/xMoaLSjq30gxPK4cbqfjAMyJzlM/

I think you are are also well aware that we offered unlimited fee waivers for IETF 108.

I was surprised by the support on that thread. I did not take up the offer. I did not use any backdoor even if it was technically possible to do so.

While both of those had significant missteps on the way, the end result was a meeting that anyone could participate in and therefore your description of the situation is far from accurate.

The point was that subscribers can send emails to ietf@ to express their opinion on issues which may not be apparent. It would be interesting to compare the list of people who commented about the so-called "waiver" with the list of people who believe in "inclusiveness".

Regards,
S. Moonesamy