Re: IESG Statement On Oppressive or Exclusionary Language

On Fri, Aug 7, 2020 at 11:14 AM Stewart Bryant <stewart.bryant@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

"Call them "professionally wounded" or "snowflakes" if you want, but the road this leads down is toward a  senescent, obsolescent, irrelevant IETF.  People have better things to do with their time than engage with an organization that doesn't care about them."

I  don’t think it is the language we use in our documents or the language we use in our discussions that is the cause of the IETF becoming obsolescent or irrelevant. It is our inability to set aside  our technical religion and continually reexamine the fundamentals, together with  the imbalance in power and money between the service providers and the OTT providers which leads to lack of investment that has set us on that path.

This seems like the arguments that it's not CO2 that's causing climate change, it's natural cycles or whatever.  Like, that may be true, but the CO2 / toxicity certainly isn't *helping* the situation.

--Richard

Stewart