Re: IESG Statement On Oppressive or Exclusionary Language

>    I  don’t think it is the language we use in our documents or the language we use in our discussions that is the cause of the IETF becoming obsolescent or irrelevant. It is our inability to set aside  our technical religion and continually reexamine the fundamentals, together with  the imbalance in power and money between the service providers and the OTT providers which leads to lack of investment that has set us on that path.

Nobody said it was *the* cause. And I don't understand your "imbalance" comment.

Getting new viewpoints and designs is easier with new people, than with older leopards trying to change their spots, and things their careers are built on, isn’t it? People who might be upset with words that an insular community finds acceptable.