Re: Some more thoughts about language and what to do next

Hi Nico,

> On 31 Jul 2020, at 16:05, Nico Williams <nico@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> On Thu, Jul 30, 2020 at 10:10:37AM +0200, Eliot Lear wrote:
>> I’ve got a proposal for a way forward toward the bottom.  &tldr; be
>> iterative and do research.
>
> I've got a better proposal: let the SAA and/or obudsperson,

I think we’re talking about two different things- how we speak on list, and what goes into our drafts and RFCs.  I’m suggesting general guidance to working groups as a BCP (no MUSTs but guidance), and just use the existing process to avoid terminology that one might expect to be offensive.

At the same time, let’s seek more guidance about all of this from experts and develop a real decision framework that is based on firm ground, as it were.  Once we get that we iterate.

As to how we speak on list, I have no problems with what you suggested.

Eliot