Re: Some more thoughts about language and what to do next

On Thu, Jul 30, 2020 at 02:42:39PM -0700, Rob Sayre wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 30, 2020 at 3:56 AM Bron Gondwana <brong@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>
> > [...]
>
> [...]
>
> Perhaps a thesaurus is what's called for. No words are banned, but there is
> a list of alternatives...

Or how about we give each other a bit more credit, assume good faith a
bit more often, and when we are offended, ask the SAA/ombudsperson.  The
SAA is more likely to be objective enough to be able to say "the speaker
clearly meant no offense", "can't tell, I'll talk to them" (possibly to
be followed with "the speaker meant no offense"), "I'll talk to them
[they were clearly being unprofessional or close to it]".

Nico